Intensive driving course benefits and costs
An intensive driving course may be cheaper, more effective, and greatly reduce the overall learning time that it takes to learn to drive.
Consider the following 5 points;
1. In our experience, when a student embarks on an intensive driving course, a course can be completed in less time.
It is not untypical, for students who take one lesson per week to cease their driving lessons for a period of time as it's easy to get bored, and to lose interest.
Students who book an intensive driving course are more likely to complete their course than students who have dragged out course extending over a year or more.
2. On an hour by hour basis the amount of learning that takes place would on average be, more effective if you did you're driving on an intensive course.
It generally takes us time to re-orientate ourselves and get fully involved, before we are back to the level of concentration that is required for effective learning.
Also, when we are nearing the end of a driving lesson, we start to slack off, and operate at reduced efficiency before the end of the scheduled task.
Although these lead in and lead out times are normal in all work and learning situations it generally means, that within a 1 hour driving lesson we will only fully benefit from this central part of the driving lesson.
However, if the lesson is 4 hours long the 'loss time' effect as a percentage of the overall time is much less.
3. The student's ability to remember from one week to the next, assuming that the student is having weekly driving lessons, also results in memory bleed off.
Alternatively, with an intensive course, the student can build on the knowledge e obtained from the previous day.
This simply means the amount of understanding that may evaporate, is greatly reduced so increasing the opportunity to develop more quickly.
4. The same logic can be applied to the driving instructor.
The instructor's ability to focus and remember the student's learning points are greatly enhanced when the driving lessons are conducted over a shorter period of time.
Despite comprehensive records, the instructor has less chance of retaining the detailed data relating to a specific student when the period of learning is interrupted by teaching other students.
A lesson structure can be adapted and maintained more easily when he is dealing on a day to day basis with the same student.
Therefore the instructor's ability to deal with a student on intensive course is also greatly improved.
5. Intensive (Crash) courses are popular with learners of all ages, as these courses will be tailored to match the learner's expectations and time frame.
Intensive Driving Courses are especially useful to people with very little spare time in their normal schedule to fit in driving lessons.
So whilst some people take a week off work, do an Intensive driving course, and take your driving test others will manage during breaks in college time tables.
Make a booking
Courses start from as little as £160.00 and can be as quick as a few days to a few months, depending on your age and driving ability.
No.of Hours Without Package
8.. Re-test special (Ready for test) £ 160.00
12.. Refresher course (If you've not driven for a while) £ 239.50
16.. Weekend (For those not available during the week) £ 317.50
20.. Inbetweener (Driven before but not for a while) £ 395.00
24.. Confident (For the confident driver) £ 470.00
28.. Inclusive (If you know the basics) £ 546.00
32.. Popular (Ideal for the youngsters with some experience) £ 620.00
36.. Classic (Ideal for the mature with some experience) £ 699.00
40.. Novice (For those that have never driven) £ 773.00
50.. Complete (That little bit extra plus all the trimmings) £ 962.00
We provide intensive driving lessons in the following areas throughout Essex;
- Intensive driving lessons in Basilidon, Pitsea, Laindon, Wickford, Billericay, Canvey Island
- Southend on Sea Crash courses, Benfleet, Eastwood, Hadleigh, Hockley, Hullbridge, Leigh on Sea, Rochford, Thorpe Bay and Westcliff on Sea
- Drive in Chelmsford, South Woodham Ferrers, Billericay, Brentwood , Hutton and Shenfield
- Intensive driving courses in Grays Thurrock, Purfleet, Stanford le Hope, Tilbury, Orsett, Ockendon, Aveley
- Intense course of driving, Rainham, Hornchurch, Upminster, Romford, Dagenham