In these terms and conditions (the "Conditions") "KSM", "School" or "Our" means, Karen's School of Motoring Limited.
Karen's School of Motoring Limited acts as agent for your Instructor in receiving your payments for driving tuition other than payments made directly by you to your Instructor. Where KSM makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or KSM processes any payments for your lessons, they act as the agent of your Instructor.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your Instructor.
Your instructor is either a self-employed franchisee ("Your Instructor") of Karen's School of Motoring Limited or an 'associate' of KSM.
1. Individual lessons and or blocks of five or ten hours are payable in FULL on or before the first driving lesson.
2. Intensive Driving courses can be booked with a deposit of £150.00. The balance will then be due on the commencement of the first lesson. (Test date's will not be booked or issued until after receipt of deposit, deposits are non refundable).
2a. To book an intensive driving course, all details including home phone number must be completed on the application form. Receipt of your deposit / payment is your full acceptance of our terms and conditions.
3. All fees' (Courses & lessons) are payable by cash, cheque or most major credit/debit cards. Payment by credit card will incur a 2.5% administration fee per transaction, debit cards 0.25p per transaction (01/07/12).
3a. KSM accepts no responsibility for any payments made directly to driving instructors
5. Unpaid cheques to school or instructor will incur a £30.00 administration fee.
6. Lesson / course fees may at the discretion of the school be transferred to another KSM instructor.
7. The progress/appointment card acts as a receipt and must be brought to every lesson. Lesson fees cannot be transferred if the progress card is not available or legible.
8. Block bookings or Intensive courses must be completed within 6 months of purchase date. (Three months if less than ten hours).
8a. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchasing the gift voucher.
9. Pre paid lesson fees are only refundable if the instructor is unable to provide the lesson(s) originally booked by the pupil, or fails to deliver the lessons within 6 months of purchase date. The pupil must give a minimum of 48 hours notice.
9a. Deposits for intensive courses are non-refundable.
9b. Intensive Courses: In the event of an intensive driving course or part of being cancelled, no penalty will be incurred however, if a pupil decides to cancel an intensive course once started and before the course is completed, Karen's School of Motoring will not issue a refund.
9c. If training is cancelled by Karen's School of Motoring, or the driving instructor, appointments will be rescheduled to mutually convenient times or, at the request of the client, a full refund of fees will be made for the outstanding training time.
9d. Any refunds of monies requested by the pupil must fulfill the terms and be subject to deductions of missed appointments and cancelled lesson fees.
9e. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchasing the gift voucher and are Non Refundable
10. Tests, although the candidate may have paid for a driving test they are not guaranteed at the end of hours booked. If the standard of driving required for the practical test has not been reached, further training will be required & paid for before a candidate is taken for test. Failure to rectify the problem may mean the instructor will refuse their service and the use of the tuition vehicle. This does not prevent the candidate from attending the practical test with an alternative vehicle.
11. Intensive Course lessons are to be taken between the hours of 9am and 5pm unless special arrangements were made at time of booking. In exceptional circumstances lessons may be able to be arranged for evenings/weekends. (Price on application). (Courses & prices for "Automatic" are by special arrangement only). All driving courses not paid for in full by the due date will be considered as cancelled by the applicant.
12. The school/instructor cannot be held responsible for tests/lessons cancelled by the DVSA or for bad weather.
12a. In the event of mechanical failure, the instructor will not be responsible for any loss of lesson or test monies. The instructor is under no obligation to make any refund of lesson fees although may reimburse test fee.
13. Our instructors work under a franchise contract with Karen's School of Motoring Ltd (KSM) or are associate instructors. They are responsible to KSM for your tuition, conduct and the condition of their car. KSM act as agents for its instructors and is not responsible for money paid or lesson booking dates and times.
13a. We may provide an instructor from an associate driving instructor for lessons/intensive courses. The above terms apply (13) when this is the case.
14. Every endeavour will be made to make available the same instructor and car for driving lessons & driving test, but the school retains the right to change either if the situation so warrants. In certain circumstances the school/instructor has the right to terminate lessons or test should they feel it necessary.
14b. It is the pupil's responsibility to ensure that the instructor is updated with their current contact telephone number/s and pick up address for their lessons. You must notify your Instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
14c. The instructor will give his her mobile number to each pupil on the progress card. (Instructors can also be contacted by text). Please be aware that calls may go to answer-phone as instructors are unable to take calls whilst driving.
14d. Pupils that appear to be under the influence of either alcohol, drugs or who are showing in any way violent or abusive behavior to our Instructors, the general public, DVSA examiners or our staff will not be considered for driving lessons. If the instructor feels that the situation so warrants, lessons and or test will be terminated immediately and charged for without exception.
15. All changes to courses once booked will incur an administration fee of £20.00 and will only be accepted if request is reasonable. (Changes to test dates are dependant on availability of both test date and instructor) and in most cases must be received and acknowledged before the start date of the course. All changes must be requested in writing and signed by the person the course has been booked for. Courses and or deposits are not transferable.
16. MOCK TESTS are available by request, a suitable lesson with your instructor will need to be booked and paid for plus £18.00 for the "Mock Test".
17. Complaints must be made in the first instance to the instructor concerned. If you are not able to resolve the matter with the instructor, you may telephone the office. As a final step complaints can be put in writing to Karen's School of Motoring Ltd, Head Office, 33 Nobel Square, Basildon Essex. SS13 1LT. or by e-mail to email@example.com Complaints in writing will only be considered if they are received by the school within 21 days of the incident.
18. Karen's School of Motoring Ltd will endeavour to advertise through a variety of medium, maintaining a fair and truthful policy regarding the services the company offers and any claims made about the school or the instructors that teach on behalf of the school.
18a. Any advertising made by Karen's School of Motoring Ltd and to it's knowledge will follow any advertising practice as laid out with advertising authorities.
19. Karen's School of Motoring Ltd can not be held responsible for any false advertising made incorrectly by a third party.
20. Where a third party advertises the school, clauses 18, 18a & 19 would be expected to be followed.
20a. The advertising should not mislead, or be seen to offend, or Must not break any laws.
21. No cash incentive will be paid to any third party that advertises without the authority of the school.
21a. Any other incentive can not be exchanged for a cash alternative and is valid only for the third party making a claim.
22. All participants will be deemed to have accepted, and be bound by, these terms and conditions.
22a. Closing date for entrants to apply for the scholarship is Sunday 31st October 2010.
22b. The chosen individual will be notified by email within 7 days after the closing date.
22c. The scholarship will entitle the winner to a course of driving lessons (maximum 50 hours) taken, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9am to 5pm. Karen's School of Motoring are not responsible for booking tests or subsequent disputes with a third party.
22d. The individual winner will be responsible for paying for the DVSA test fees and MUST hold a UK provisional driving licence.
22e. The Scholarship is open to UK residents aged 17 or over, excluding employees of Karen's School of Motoring and its associated companies and their immediate families or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
22f. No purchase is necessary to apply for the scholarship.
22g. The winner may be asked to participate with the promoter for publicity purposes.
22h. The winners names will be made available. Anyone wishing to know the details of the winner should contact Karen's School of Motoring in writing at our address. Please note that only the winners name and specified county will be provided.
22i The promoter has the right to disqualify any entry not made in accordance with these terms and conditions.
22j. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received by the promoter.
22k. There is no prize or cash alternative and no element is transferable.
22l. Karen's School of Motoring will select the most suitable applicant based on merit and this is not subject to appeal.
23. Karen's School of Motoring competition has separate terms, and can be viewed here.