Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions (the "Conditions") "KSM", 'AP', "School" or "Our" means, Karen's School of Motoring Limited. Also trading as Automatic Pass, Karen's School of Motoring Limited acts as agent for your Instructor.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your Instructor.
Your instructor is either a self-employed franchisee of Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass or an 'associate' of KSM / AP.
- All driving lessons must be paid for either before or on the first lesson, this includes the payment of block lessons.
- A non- refundable deposit of £150 is required for all Intensive/Accelerated driving Courses. Balance is due on the commencement of the first lesson. Deposit's paid confirm your acceptance of our T&C's.
- Any payments made by Credit/Debit card must be made to the office 24 hours prior to a lesson taking place.
- KSM & AP accepts no responsibility for any payments made directly to driving instructors or for lessons booked.
- The progress/appointment card acts as a receipt and must be brought to every lesson. Lesson fees cannot be transferred if the progress card is not available or legible.
- Block bookings or Intensive courses must be completed within 6 months of purchase date. (Three months if less than ten hours).
- Pre-paid lesson fees are only refundable if the instructor is unable to provide the lesson(s) originally booked or fails to deliver the lessons within 6 months of purchase date.
- Intensive Courses: If a pupil decides to cancel an intensive course once started and before the course is completed, Karen's School of Motoring will not issue a refund.
- If training is cancelled by Karen's School of Motoring, Automatic Pass or the driving instructor, appointments will be rescheduled to mutually convenient time or, at the request of the client, a full refund of fees will be made for the outstanding training time.
- Although the candidate may have paid for a driving test it will be at the discretion of the driving instructor as to the capability of the student, & whether they feel further lessons are required before it can be taken. If the standard of driving required for the practical test has not been reached, further training will be required & will need to be paid for before a candidate is taken for the test. The student does not have to take further lessons, but the Instructor can refuse their service and the use of the tuition vehicle. This does not prevent the candidate from attending the practical test with an alternative vehicle.
- The school/instructor cannot be held responsible for tests/lessons cancelled by the DSA or for bad weather.
- Every endeavour will be made to make available the same instructor and car for driving lessons & driving test, but the school retains the right to change either if the situation so warrants. In certain circumstances the school/instructor has the right to terminate lessons or test should they feel it necessary.
- You must notify your Instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
- Pupils that appear to be under the influence of either alcohol, drugs or who are showing in any way violent or abusive behaviour to our Instructors, the general public, DSA examiners or our staff will not be considered for driving lessons. If the instructor feels that the situation so warrants, lessons and or test will be terminated immediately and charged for without exception.
- We are an inclusive company and will not tolerate racist or sexist behaviour. If the instructor feels that the situation so warrants, lessons and or test will be terminated immediately and charged for without exception.
- Pupils must give a minimum of 48 hours' notice for cancellation of lesson. Any lesson cancelled without proper notice will result in a full lesson fee.
- Gift Vouchers Are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site.
- Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass do not store or currently store any financial details (credit or debit card numbers) and is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Complaints must be made in the first instance to the instructor concerned. If you are not able to resolve the matter with the instructor, you may telephone the office.
- As a final step, complaints can be put in writing to Karen's School of Motoring Ltd, Head Office, 32 Hawkesbury Road, Canvey Island Essex. SS8 0EX
- or by e-mail to
- Complaints in writing will only be considered if they are received by the school within 21 days of the incident.
- Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass will endeavour to advertise through a variety of medium, maintaining a fair and truthful policy regarding the services the company offers and any claims made about the school or the instructors that teach on behalf of the school.
- Any advertising made by Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass , to it's knowledge will follow any advertising practice as laid out with advertising authorities.
- Karens School of Motoring & Automatic Pass can not be held responsible for any false advertising made incorrectly by a third party.
- Where a third party advertises the school, All of the above would be expected to be followed.
- The advertising should not mislead, or be seen to offend, or Must not break any laws.
- No cash incentive will be paid to any third party that advertises without the authority of the school.
- Any other incentive cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative and is valid only for the third party making a claim.